USMILNET
April 18, 2014, 04:36:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make sure to give suggestions in the Feedback forum. We want this site to be the best it can be for you.

Home   Help Login Register  

WELCOME TO USMILNET
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuttgart GI is jailed, discharged for adultery  (Read 2072 times)
WENDELLKDUNCAN
Judge Stump
Blaster

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2006, 11:27:39 pm »

Stuttgart GI is jailed, discharged for adultery

By Charlie Coon, Stars and Stripes
European edition, Wednesday, April 5, 2006

STUTTGART, Germany — A military policeman on Tuesday was sentenced to three months in jail for committing adultery and indecent acts and threatening his sex partner, a woman of a lower rank.

Army Sgt. Corbin R. Timberman, 25, of the 554th Military Police Company also received a bad-conduct discharge and was reduced in rank to private. The married father of three was not punished financially.

The judge, Denise Lind, found Timberman not guilty of maltreatment of a subordinate.

The court-martial detailed how Timberman and other soldiers in the 554th participated in several sessions of group sex in 2004-2005 with a 19-year-old private first class who testified she was too uncomfortable to report the events up her chain of command.

Timberman’s attorneys said the private, who has since been discharged from the Army, had ample sexual-harassment training to know how to report the events, and portrayed her as a willing participant, a liar and an unfit soldier.

Prosecutors said Timberman, as a higher-ranking soldier, took advantage of his position and role as a mentor to the private.

The private said she believed that Timberman, who at one time was her team leader, was still her team leader, and that his supervisor was one of Timberman’s close friends.

“There was nobody I felt comfortable to go to to talk about it,” she testified.

Further testimony indicated that Timberman was no longer her team leader when he had sex with her.

Timberman, of Sundance, Wyo., did not take the witness stand during the trial, but he offered personal background during unsworn, pre-sentencing testimony.

According to testimony, at about 3 a.m. on Feb. 26, 2005, Timberman went to the private’s room on Panzer Casern in the Stuttgart suburb of Böblingen. Outside, another soldier, a staff sergeant who had recently returned from a deployment to Iraq, was waiting.

Timberman repeatedly asked the private, who was on restriction to stay on the base, to do him a “favor,” and come with him to the staff sergeant’s off-base apartment. After about 15 minutes, she relented, according to her testimony.

“If you didn’t want to do it, you should have said, ‘no,’ ” said Timberman’s attorney, Lance Sigmon.

“I did say, ‘no,’ sir,” replied the former private.

Timberman and the woman left her barracks through a back door and took a cab to the staff sergeant’s residence, where the three had sex over several hours.

The private then returned by cab to the barracks, where she arrived 45 minutes late for her job. A desk officer said Timberman phoned and vouched for the private’s whereabouts, saying she was shopping with him.

The private said she was eventually persuaded by another sergeant to come forward with her story.

In April 2005, after an investigation had begun, the private testified that Timberman, while on duty and wearing his MP armband, came to her room said he would “kill” her if she cooperated with the investigation.

Man cannot live by bread alone, he must have fried chicken.

Blessed are the ample in body, for they shall be called fat people.
jocamryn
FNG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 12:36:54 am »

Some people are so stupid, I live on stuttgart and had to chuckle when I read it at work. Comments like "It's always an MP" were spoken. Some people jost don't give a sh*t or actually they think they'd get away with this. Army Values people, this isn't taking care of soldiers.

This kinda surprises me. Living in stuttgart, there's PLENTY of german opportunities off post that are willing and able, what this guy did was just plain lazy.
Hawkeye
A Part-Time Crusader
Master

ANG: Guarding America, Defending Freedom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 08:22:13 pm »

Some people are so stupid, I live on stuttgart and had to chuckle when I read it at work. Comments like "It's always an MP" were spoken. Some people jost don't give a sh*t or actually they think they'd get away with this. Army Values people, this isn't taking care of soldiers.

This kinda surprises me. Living in stuttgart, there's PLENTY of german opportunities off post that are willing and able, what this guy did was just plain lazy.

Yo, what part of Stuttgart do you live at?  I lived in Echterdingen years ago.

GRATA EORUM UIRTUTEM MEMORIA PROSEQUI         
       QUI PRO PATRIA UITAM PROFUDERUNT

BLIND FAITH IN BAD LEADERSHIP IS NOT PATRIOTISM

A Patriot must always be ready to defend his country
        against his government -
Edward Abbey
jocamryn
FNG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 01:14:52 am »

Waldenbuch, just after steinenbronn, 10 minutes from Panzer Kaserne.
Hawkeye
A Part-Time Crusader
Master

ANG: Guarding America, Defending Freedom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 02:17:51 am »

Waldenbuch, just after steinenbronn, 10 minutes from Panzer Kaserne.

Spent time at Kelly and Nellingan mostly.  Went to Panzer just once.  Had my apartment in Bernhausen.

GRATA EORUM UIRTUTEM MEMORIA PROSEQUI         
       QUI PRO PATRIA UITAM PROFUDERUNT

BLIND FAITH IN BAD LEADERSHIP IS NOT PATRIOTISM

A Patriot must always be ready to defend his country
        against his government -
Edward Abbey
MikeCa
FNG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 03:45:46 pm »

All of the soldiers involved sound like dirtbags to me.  They all deserve big chicken dinners.  Also, what about fraternization?
kit
Master

That's me, the fat guy driving.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 03:53:34 pm »

Troops being jailed and ****canned for adultery is nothing new.  It's a violation of the UCMJ and happens all the time......unless you happen to be the Commander in Chief.   Angry

Well, here I am.  What next?
Nelly

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 08:43:21 pm »

And THIS would be wrong as well!  Why always forcing someone or lying and cheating?

You know how it sounds like ...nice that we are oppurtunities... go to Lupinenstraße if you need it so badly, I am sure you guys know how to get there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 08:50:17 pm by Nelly » Logged
WENDELLKDUNCAN
Judge Stump
Blaster

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 12:38:55 am »

Nelly Apollo
Don't take that personally.

{go to Lupinenstraße }

I think that was what he meant about outside oppurtunities.

jocamryn
FNG

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 01:51:17 am »

didn't mean it personally, my Wife's German, Aus Bayern, one of the good ones. 10+ years  together.

Never heard of Lupinenstraße.

WENDELLKDUNCAN
Judge Stump
Blaster

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 01:56:22 am »

Never heard of Lupinenstraße.

Me neither.

Could we get some directions. Grin

Nelly

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 03:17:37 am »

Well it is okay, it was just because of current things that happened.

Go to Mannheim and ask for it everybody in Mannheim can give you the direction , but do not try to get into it when you are woman, unless you want to have a fight.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 03:21:22 am by Nelly » Logged
Nelly

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 03:18:26 am »

Nelly Apollo

now that was a little confusing cuze Apollo is the name of my official  LMAO
nickydafish
Marksman

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 08:56:13 am »

My Wife and I were just talking about this last week.  I was in Kirchgoens Germany ( the base is closed now, all moved to Friedburg ), anyway... I was amazed at how many married people cheated.  Don't get me wrong, there were many couples who had strong and supportive relationships but there were some married guys who went to the off base club looking to score or who went to the red light on weekends. And there were some wives who did the same. (Well, not the red light, you know what I mean) I never understood why they did this.  If you don't want to be married, get out of it, but don't do that to your partner.  Angry
Nelly

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 04:25:05 am »

exactly! and what pisses me even more off is that others make you a whore just because you have friendships to guys and talk the guys talk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

E-Mail the Administrator

Custom Search