USMILNET
April 17, 2014, 02:22:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Welcome one and all to the USMILNET forums! Look around and enjoy your time here. Spread the word!

Home   Help Login Register  

WELCOME TO USMILNET
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playboy Centerfold Air Force Drill Instructor Being Shown The Front Gate  (Read 2285 times)
Purplesuiter
Banned
Blaster

Green Dragons Rule

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2007, 07:11:22 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252041,00.html

She was stripped [pun intended] of her rank as an E-5 [SSgt] and demoted to E-3 [senior airman] and removed from extended active duty [she was assigned to an air national guard unit prior to being placed on extended active duty].

Personally, I think she should be courtmartialed for CONDUCT UNBECOMING OF AN NCO and reduced in rank to E-1, fined $ 1000 a month for 6 months and given a BAD CONDUCT DISCHARGE.

America:  LOVE IT or LEAVE IT
djones520
Devil's Advocate
Master

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:20:04 am »

*coughs*  SrA is E-4.

"Sharks bite fewer people each year then New Yorkers do...." - National Geographic, Mar 07
NoBars92
Never Quit!
Blaster

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:39:03 am »

She says she  is going to pursue a modeling career.  Pesonally, IMHO, she's a "butterface."  (Everything's hot but 'er face)  She's 30 years old, but keeps herself looking OK.  She might have a few more years "pressing her flesh."

If she wanted to pose nude, she should have gotten out and then she'd be clear.  Why can't people understand that when they enlist, they are subject to the UCMJ and service-specific regs until they are discharged?

Matt

"I'm out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight." -- from American Soldier by Toby Keith

"You know what I think. It don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that **** just goes right out the window."
-- Hoot from "Blackhawk Down"

bill12353
Blaster

United States Air Force RET. (Avatar is MMS patch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 08:29:58 am »

Well I can shed only crocodile tears for this young lady as if she didn't already know the rules of displaying herself in a military uniform, she should have made an effort to find out before allowing Playboy or anyone else to publisher such pictures.
Common sense should have told her to talk to the legal office before proceeding with her moment of fame.
You can be assured that Playboy knew the deal on this but could care less what happens to the airman as long as they got their pictures with permission to publish.

There are five reasons to be discharged which are......... 
1. Expiration of enlistment
2. Disability, dependency, or hardship
3. Fulfillment of service obligation
4. Convenience of the government
5. Unsuitability

The types of discharges are........
1. Honorable
2. General (under honorable conditions)
3. Other than honorable
4. Bad conduct
5.  Dishonorable

In my opinion she should have at least received number three or four discharge under unsuitability, although considering that her intent was not necessarily to harm the military but to profit and expand her career, disregarding the wishes of her employer and her agreement with DOD.... other than honorable could be punishment enough.
Not my call, but I would agree if this occurs.

"We better be prepared to dominate the skies above the surface of the earth or be prepared to be buried beneath it."
General "Tooey" Spaatz's

"Suppose you were a member of congress. Then suppose you were an idiot. Ahh--but I repeat myself."
Mark Twain
djones520
Devil's Advocate
Master

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 08:52:08 am »

Looked up some of the pictures.  It's amazing what some make up and good photography will do.  Actually makes the woman look hot.

"Sharks bite fewer people each year then New Yorkers do...." - National Geographic, Mar 07
R-MAN
OIF VETERAN
Expert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 08:56:16 am »

Threadpics

TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST, TOUGH PEOPLE DO!
djones520
Devil's Advocate
Master

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 08:58:40 am »

Best I can do...

Edit:  My bad.  At least I didn't post the pictures.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:02:52 am by djones520 » Logged

burnsk73

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 09:05:53 am »

She has the hands of a 50 year old, other than that.........

mrgreenfatigues
On patrol for old threads.
Master Blaster

It's obvious day here on Camp Stupid!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 10:06:55 am »

Better the hands than the breasts.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money and work hard while people are watching." Dogbert
bill12353
Blaster

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 11:17:45 am »

Best I can do...

Edit:  My bad.  At least I didn't post the pictures.  Grin

Viewed the photographs used in Playboy and compare them to her untouched photographs, you'll be amazed at the touch up and the makeup this airman received.
She had a page in "You Tube" with pictures mostly clothed, but it seems she has now deleted the account.
But there are still plenty of pictures out there if you dig around.

"We better be prepared to dominate the skies above the surface of the earth or be prepared to be buried beneath it."
General "Tooey" Spaatz's

"Suppose you were a member of congress. Then suppose you were an idiot. Ahh--but I repeat myself."
Mark Twain
mrgreenfatigues
On patrol for old threads.
Master Blaster

It's obvious day here on Camp Stupid!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 11:35:03 am »

Not that interested. ZZZ

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money and work hard while people are watching." Dogbert
Cash

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 11:38:42 am »

Sounds like the Air Force made a wise move.  They didn't destroy the girl and allowed her to persue other interests......and they still maintain their ridged rule.

Someone was smart enough and used good sense.......otherwise this issue would obstruct the courts for years.
Eupher6

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 06:23:57 pm »

This whole issue reminds me of Amanda Crouch, a clarinetist I served with in the 8ID Band in Bad Kreuznach.

She went on leave in December, 1991, going to London. As it turned out, she did a photo spread in Playboy there in London.

She got out of the Army in May, 1992. She was Playboy's Playmate of the Month in July, 1992.

There was a LOT of talk about prosecuting her, but the powers that be just let it go. While she was technically IRR and was active duty when she did the layout, she was out of the Army when the pics were published and pursuing it wouldn't have been very smart, IMO.

Her stage name became Amanda Hope, but she was Amanda Crouch when I served with her.

http://www.playboy.com/girls/playmates/directory/199207.html
Gorilla24D
Gunslingers like beer.
Administrator
Master Blaster

Deuce

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 06:56:12 pm »

Gorilla Deuce                    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at    
Gunslingers Live Forever      night only because rough men stand ready
                                        to do violence on their behalf"George
                                                                                  Orwell         
    Life is Pain,you havn't lived it till you've felt it... ForJack! ...It is what it is.

Vets4Victory
bill12353
Blaster

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 09:35:29 am »

This whole issue reminds me of Amanda Crouch, a clarinetist I served with in the 8ID Band in Bad Kreuznach.

She went on leave in December, 1991, going to London. As it turned out, she did a photo spread in Playboy there in London.

She got out of the Army in May, 1992. She was Playboy's Playmate of the Month in July, 1992.

There was a LOT of talk about prosecuting her, but the powers that be just let it go. While she was technically IRR and was active duty when she did the layout, she was out of the Army when the pics were published and pursuing it wouldn't have been very smart, IMO.

Her stage name became Amanda Hope, but she was Amanda Crouch when I served with her.

http://www.playboy.com/girls/playmates/directory/199207.html

Well, it seemed that her career was short-lived after leaving the service as she seems to have faded into the sunset rather quickly.
Let's hope she invested the money from Playboy and her very short movie career, Playboy sponsored, or her marriage was to a well-established individual.    
New Smiley

http://Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Hope

General "Tooey" Spaatz's

Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

E-Mail the Administrator

Custom Search